Monday, May 20, 2013

A Juggler, Some Knives, and My Shoulders; The things I do for kids!




Today, the Millville Seniors got a treat as the Renaissance Fair came to visit. Last year teacher of the year, Ms. Tara Cotton, organized the entire event through an innovation grant. I wanted to support the event, so when I was asked to be in 'one small little act' I agreed. I don't think I realized the knives were real and she was actually going to juggle them over my head until it was too late to turn back. I enjoyed watching our Seniors eyes light up with enthusiasm during the performance. It was a great way to bring the curriculum to life. At the end of the day, when my family asks "so how was work today" I am sure they will be blown away when I put this video on to show them. The greatest job in the world, and the greatest profession ever - we get to hang out with kids all day long. Enjoy the video!